Thursday, February 16, 2017

Let's Get Down To Business: REVIEW: Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour Palette

I'm unsure of how I want to start this out, because my blog does not have a label. This not strictly a beauty, DIY, pet update, religious space. I like to think of this space becoming a space for a community of creative outlets whether that be DIY, beauty, study habits/tips, etc. I aspire to inspire others to get outside of their comfort zone and overall just live your most happiest life. So since I do not feel the need to make a long drawn out introduction, I figured what better way to get the ball rolling than with a review?

Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour Palette



I am totally late to reviewing this I realize. Everyone and their mother has this palette. However, what compelled me to review this is that all of the reviews I have seen for it was with people who have dry/normal skin types. So here I am reviewing a product with oily/normal sensitive skin with mild scarring. It is important to also mention that I am a Caucasian female with a very YELLOW overall skin tone, but a very pink face. I plan to eventually do a post on my favorite foundations for how yellow I am but that's another post entirely. Let's get to it. I got the light-medium palette as it is what best fits my skin tone.

Retail price: (Sephora) $40.00
Top row: Vanilla, Banana  & Sand
Bottom row: Java, Fawn, Havanna


Packaging: 10/10

I am a huge fan of the thin, cardboard packaging. It is compact, easy to use, and timeless. The embroidery on the front is very classy and simple. If you are someone who likes expensive looking and feeling packaging you will not be impressed. I enjoy it because it is simple, small, thin and functional. I'm also a huge fan of how you can purchase the pans of these colors individually to refill what you need. Running out of a color in a palette but not being able to find the single shade of it is by far one of the most annoying things about palettes. So thank you, Anastasia.

Product: 8/10

In my opinion, the product itself is high quality. The colors are pigmented and they are bendable as heck. They are true to color of what they are in the pan which is also nice. I apply it with a Morphe E4 (angled contour brush) and it does great. Banana is the perfect color I need to highlight my face for the contour. It gets me to the color I need to match my body which I appreciate. I use the shade Fawn on my day-to-day grind, but depending on how warm my eye look is, I will sometimes mix with Java. Havanna is way too warm for my personal skin tone and from what I've gathered from other reviews, it's too warm and/or dark on many light skin tones. It is, however, a beautiful transition shade on the eyes (which is what I have done a couple of times now). Another complaint I have is that I wish Sand was a little bit more pigmented. I would say on a scale of 1-10, I light my highlight to be between a 5-7 depending on the day. I would say that this shade gets me to about a 4 - MAYBE 5 if I pack it on. It is a gorgeous shade if you're looking for a more subtle highlight, I just wish that it was a little more pigmented for those of us that want to highlight to the back seat in the theatre. 

Wearability: 9/10

I've been wearing this product everyday for about a week now and I've worn it in a couple of different settings including work, lounge, date night and errands. The product stayed very well in all situations. No transfer or moving of product, and no issues being layered on top of or under other products. This product has been tested these days without a primer and only a translucent setting powder to not affect the quality of product. My foundation (Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Dewey mix) did not do anything weird under it and did not cause discoloration. Again, my only complaint is that the highlight is not as pigmented as I would like. I want to get my hands on the Glow Kit because they have some gorgeous shades in there, but I'll be swatching in store first to make sure they're more pigmented than sand.

Overall: 9/10

I am pleased with this product and I am excited to add it in to my daily routine. This is a high-quality product that is not unfairly priced. It is also convenient that you can buy the pans separately when you run out. This product is long wearing and VERY easy to use. It did not disrupt my other makeup and felt very light weight. This product did not break me out in any way or make me more oily than I normally would be. I will definitely be repurchasing and recommending to friends. I definitely want to get my hands on the cream contour palette by ABH as well as the Glow Kit.


I hope this was informative and I can't wait to see you next time with another review :) 

-L







[This post is not sponsored in any way. All opinions are my own. I am in no way affiliated with any company mentioned in this post]

0 comments:

Post a Comment